Tuesday, April 23, 2013

ACL?

So almost 5 months ago I tore my ACL in a redshirt scrimmage here at Henderson State. It's been a really fast and smooth recovery so far and I am really excited about next season. After surgery I lost roughly 20 lbs in body weight. My bench max dropped 40 lbs and I wasn't even capable of doing power clean and squat. From January 15th, 2013 to today, I've gained 17 lbs and will be going for a personal record on bench (its gone up 75 lbs since Jan). Ill be maxing on squat and power clean in the coming days and I am already sprinting and cutting.

My advice to those who are going through this...

Stay positive. It's not the end of the world if you get injured. Even though a torn ACL may seem like the end of an athletes world, it's not as bad as people make it out to be. Just work hard, stay positive and know that it really doesn't set you back as much as they say. Actually, it may give you the motivation you need to be better than you've ever been. Just look at Adrian Peterson.

Keep that head up.

No comments:

Post a Comment